… but this time
- it has less formal definitions.
- I also added a section talking about trading noise for degree and
- a brief discussion on related work.
Speaking of related work: Efficient Fully Homomorphic Encryption from (Standard) LWE by Zvika Brakerski and Vinod Vaikuntanathan is a good read. In summary, it has two main contributions:
- a somewhat homomorphic scheme based on LWE which turns out to be the same (as far as I can tell) as ours and
- a new dimension reduction trick which allows to turn it into a fully homomorphic scheme.
What is kind of curious about this work is its explicit non-algebraic perspective. While we talk about LWE from a multivariate polynomial ideal perspective the authors of 2011/344 explicitly state that their scheme is not. I am not sure we’d have seen the dimension reduction trick with our perspective, though.