I am a professor in the Information Security Group at Royal Holloway, University of London. Previously, I was a postdoc in the same group working on multilinear maps, a postdoc at DTU in Copenhagen, Denmark and a postdoc in the POLSYS team of LIP6 at Université Pierre et Marie Curie (UPMC) in Paris. I earned my PhD in the Information Security Group at Royal Holloway, University of London under the supervision of Carlos Cid. Before, I studied computer science at Universität Bremen where I wrote my Diplomarbeit in the AℓZAGK group under the supervision of Michael Hortmann.
- My e-mail address is
- On Twitter I am @martinralbrecht.
- On Bitbucket I am malb.
- On Github I am @malb.
- On Keybase I am martinralbrecht. You can find my OpenPGP key there, too.
- I am on LinkedIn.
- I am also malb.io.
My (current) main academic interests are:
- lattice-based cryptography
- applications of computational mathematics in cryptography
- real world cryptography and applications
- computational mathematics in general
- symmetric key cryptography and cryptanalysis: block ciphers mainly
- efficient linear algebra (over small finite fields)